Derived from organic, non-GMO beets, lemons, and licorice root, this 100% plant-based formula helps address the root of digestive issues such as heartburn and GERD (acid reflux). These symptoms can stem from a number of issues, including:
- low OR excess stomach acid
- esophageal valve failure
- overeating (sugar, salt, hydrogenated oils, trans fats, etc.)
- age (stomach acid decreases starting at age 30!)
The medical solution to acid reflux or heartburn typically involves one of two medications: proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) or antacids.
PPIs and antacids have been linked to side effects including (but not limited to):
- loss of appetite
- stomach discomfort
- calcium loss or deficiency
- kidney stones
- swollen wrists or ankles
- bone pain
- increased risk of heart and kidney diseases
- weight gain
Beta Gest, on the other hand, helps balance the stomach for optimal digestion.
- breaks down dairy
- provides controlled-release hydrochloric acid
- improves digestion of protein
- boosts absorption of calcium, iron, b-12, and phosphorous
- maximizes digestive potential
- aids absorption of nutrients
- soothes gas and bloating
- restores digestive factors compromised by stress or age
- especially digests large meal
Steve and Jan S. Stomach problems run in my family. I came to see Jim, who gave me Beta-Gest. Now I have not had stomach problems.
Mark R. I have had stomach problems for years. Two and a half years ago, I started taking Nexium. Now I’m on Beta-Gest and Aloe, and am doing better than ever. My whole family is taking supplements.
Disclaimer: We do not directly or indirectly give medical advice or prescribe through alternative treatment. We recommend that people contact their doctor if they need a medical diagnosis. We assume no responsibility if anyone decides to use this information, which is of historical value, for they are choosing to prescribe for themselves. Healing is sometimes a slow process, and we suggest that you do not stop taking any medications without the guidance of a doctor.
Sources: http://s3.amazonaws.com/static.gnld.com/us/product/3521/fastfacts.pdf http://www.naturalnews.com/053067_heartburn_ppi_side-effects_natural_alternatives.html http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/Dementia/5