When it comes to eyes, none of us are surprised to find that as we age, we deal with eye issues such as floaters, dry eyes, cataracts, macular degeneration, color blindness, or simple, deteriorating vision. While some people are more genetically prone to poorer vision, others tend to have another issue linking to their failing eyesight. That issue is poor liver health.
A key organ in the body, the liver has over 300 functions, including:
- bile production
- absorbing/storing vitamins & minerals
- protein & carbohydrate metabolism
- cleansing and detoxifying the body
- filtering blood
- hormone metabolism
- regulating other bodily functions
- emulsifying fat
- glucose regulation
- regulating water levels in the body
- blood clot prevention
- locates and disposes bacteria, parasites, fungi, and weakened blood cells
- and more.
The main liver function that connects to eye health is detoxification. A properly-functioning liver scavenges free radicals from the blood and body, the eyes included. When the liver is undernourished or malfunctioning, these free radicals can cause eye damage (macular degeneration, floaters, cataracts, etc…), quickened aging, stilted immune function, heart issues such as heart disease or stroke, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, cancer, and other health issues.
This is why supporting the liver and supplementing with antioxidants is so important.
Antioxidants take stress off the liver by hunting down and eliminating free radicals so the liver can eliminate toxins, metals, and poisons from the body while attending to its many other tasks, too.
However, if the liver is clogged with fat and toxins, as is the case for most Americans, it needs to be cleansed, first.
For this, we recommend Nature's Sunshine' Liver Cleanse Formula. A combination of digestive, soothing, and nourishing herbs such as Dandelion, Blessed Thistle, Burdock, Chamomile, Black Cohosh, Horsetail and more, this liver cleanse is an easy, stress-free way to effectively cleanse and unclog the liver and get your body back to functioning properly, as God intended.
To boost and protect eye health with antioxidants, we recommend:
1. NeoLife's Carotenoid Complex. Derived from the pigments of red, yellow and orange fruits and vegetables, this antioxidant blend boosts the immune system and protects the body from free radical damage. Each Carotenoid Complex capsule contains the concentrated antioxidant power of over 2.8 pounds of fruits and vegetables. Its patented formula is unparalleled in quality and standard and proven by USDA researchers to boost immune function by 37% in only 20 days. It doesn't get much better than that.
2. Nature's Sunshine Products' Perfect Eyes. A combination of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and herbs, Perfect Eyes is the second best formula for eye health. Containing the nutritional power of Beta-Carotene, Bilberry Fruit, Lutein, Zinc, Selenium, NAC, and more, this combination is sure to support, sharpen and strengthen your eyes.
Please note: We do not directly or indirectly give medical advice or prescribe through alternative treatment. We recommend that people contact their doctor if they need a medical diagnosis. We assume no responsibility if anyone decides to use this information, which is of historical value, for they are choosing to prescribe for themselves. Healing is sometimes a slow process, and we suggest that you do not stop taking any medications without the guidance of a doctor.