In the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, it’s easy to throw food in the microwave without a second thought. After all, they’ve been in our homes for over forty years! But are they safe? Recent studies suggest otherwise.
What do microwaves do to our food?
- Alter and deform the chemical makeup
- Allow carcinogens from plastic containers/covers to seep into our food
- Create known cancer-causing agents in meats, milk, and cereal grains
- Decrease the nutritional value of food, killing up to 90% of its nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- Create cancer-causing free-radicals in vegetables
What do microwaves to do us?
- Cause more radiation than cell phone base stations
- Standing a foot away from a microwave can expose you to 400 milliGauss. And exposure to only 4 milliGauss has been linked to leukemia.
- Affect heart rate and variability
- Can cause blood sugar levelsto spike
- Lead to digestive issues
- Cause a higher level of cancerous cells in the blood
- Raise chances of intestinal and stomach cancer
- Create malfunctions in the lymphatic system, and in turn suppress the immune system
People with radiation poisoning can experience these symptoms:
- Dizziness and nausea
- Appetite loss
- Depression or irritability
- Vision or eye problems
- Swollen lymph nodes or a weakened immune system
- Insomnia or night sweats
Perhaps scariest of all, is the fact that there are no longer any existing control groups to test the amount of radiation spilling from microwaves, as all human beings are regularly exposed to radiation.
So, what next? If microwaves are dangerous, as this information suggests, what do we do?
The answer is simple. Eliminate the use of your microwave oven as much as possible. Heat food on the stove or in crock pots as often as your schedule will allow, and try to implement more raw foods in your diet. You'll feel much healthier if you do!
Have questions? For more information on this or ways to protect yourself from free radical damage, contact us at (423) 899-8422 or at our website <naturesfinestnutrition.com> We're always happy to help!
Mercola, Dr. Joseph. "Why Did the Russians Ban an Appliance Found in 90% of American Homes?" 18 May, 2010 Mercola.com <http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/18/microwave-hazards.aspx> Accessed 22 October, 2013
Carey, Jim. "Russians Ban Microwaves 1986." 04 June, 2009. RawLivingFoods.typepad.com <http://rawlivingfoods.typepad.com/1/2009/06/russians_ban_mi.html> Accessed 22 October, 2013